SCHEDULER / PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
Following continued growth and expansion throughout the UK and internationally, Britplas is seeking a design scheduler from a glazing / curtain walling background to aid in the delivery of commercial glazing projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful company that encourages innovative thinking, works as a team in line with its vision and values and is committed to progressing talented individuals from trainee roles through to senior management.
The position will be based at Britplas’ Warrington head office.
About the role
You will be required to process CAD drawings and schedule key components ready for procurement using scheduling software LogiKal/Schucal. You will also be responsible for the production of individual prep drawings, pressing schedules and material requisitions for the full installation of products on site.
Britplas is a leading commercial glazing specialist with a product portfolio that includes windows, curtain walling, door systems and security fencing.
Operating across the UK and internationally, we work with main contractors, architects and clients to design, manufacture and install glazing and cladding systems, including award-winning proprietary products and standard systems.
Required skills and experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of LogiKal and/or Schucal
- High skill level in Excel
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in curtain walling packages in excess of £250k
- Relevant experience and technical understanding in relation curtain walling & pressings manufacture
- Rainscreen cladding scheduling desirable but not essential
- Experience in bar preps, cutting lists would be an advantage
- Minimum GCSE C grades in Maths and English
- Professional attitude and approach to work, organised and punctual
- Self-assured, interactive with good communication and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative in a sometimes high pressure environment and working to deadlines and programmes
Britplas is committed to supporting staff members in their continuous professional development through accredited training schemes and mentoring. Talented individuals will be fully supported to meet their potential via further training and internal promotion.
|Salary||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Reporting to||Design Manager|
|Benefits||25 days holiday per year plus public holidays, pension, life insurance|
|Closing date for applications||February 2018|
Please complete the form below with a covering message and upload your CV.