Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Industry: Curtain Walling, Aluminium Windows, Doors, Facades & Glazing
Location: Warrington (North West) with occasional travel Nationwide
Britplas is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to assist in the financial and legal control of commercial glazing and cladding projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful company that encourages innovative thinking, works as a team in line with its vision and values and is committed to progressing talented individuals from trainee roles through to senior management.
About the role
The Quantity Surveyor will work within the Commercial Team and be involved in all aspects of cost control, co-ordination, installation/delivery, safety and completion of our Commercial/Facades projects from the date of appointment to the conclusion of Defects Liability Period. Candidates will have experience of being the commercial lead on projects and be able to run two to three projects in tandem with minimal supervision.
- Reporting directly to the Group Commercial Manager
- Excellent numeracy, grammar & Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Contractual awareness (JCT & NEC experience)
- Technical understanding of aluminium/curtain walling (preferred but not essential if main contractor background) and different systems of cladding required.
The role will also involve:
- Implementation of the Project Cost Plan and Cost Control Plan
- Monitoring costs in relation to budgets
- Placing of Sub Contract Agreements (inc enquiry/evaluation/comparison)
- Producing Payment/Payless Notices to Britplas Domestic Sub Contractor
- Producing Applications for Payment
- Regularly attending site
- Producing and agreeing Variations
- Final Account Agreements
- Producing Cost Value Reconciliations (CVR’s)
- Working as a member of a team
- Helping to provide solutions to problems
- Maintain good relationships with Clients
- Ad Hoc duties as and when required
Britplas is a leading commercial glazing specialist with a product portfolio that includes windows, curtain walling, door systems and security fencing.
Operating across the UK and internationally, we work with main contractors, architects and clients to design, manufacture and install glazing and cladding systems, including award-winning proprietary products and standard systems.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs grade C or above (inc. Maths & English)
- Minimum HNC Building Studies
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying desirable
- CSCS Card
- Candidates are to have a professional attitude and approach to work, be organised, well presented and punctual
- Good communication skills
Britplas is committed to supporting staff members in their continuous professional development through accredited training schemes and mentoring. Talented individuals will be fully supported to meet their potential. Progression routes include becoming a Chartered Quantity Surveyor, with the potential to move into high level management roles.
|Reporting to||Group Commercial Manager|
|Benefits||25 days holiday per year plus public holidays, pension & medical scheme|
|Closing date for applications||February 2021|
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, with the subject line Quantity Surveyor.
We are always willing to consider motivated individuals, so if the above requirements do not exactly match your experience, but you are keen to join Britplas please send us your CV for consideration.