Britplas are delighted to announce our appointment to a further project for Barnwood Construction – Plot 12 Oxford Science Park, a new 500 person office block located in the heart of the Oxford Science district. Britplas have worked with Barnwood Construction on the successful completion of façade packages to two similar facilities previously – Thamesview and EZ1 at Milton Park in Oxfordshire for developer MEPC. Plot 12 features a striking design by Bogle Architects and aims to alleviate the lack of Grade A office space in the Oxford area, forming a cornerstone of the science park’s wider expansion plans.
The £2.1 million external envelope package awarded to Britplas includes the design, supply and installation of:
- 3000m2 Schüco FW 50 SG with high performance solar control glass;
- Shadow boxes;
- Bespoke Marley Eternit Linea Cement Boards;
- A unique anodised brise soleil system; and
- An aerofoil canopy with 500mm blades.
- Ventilated Louvre plant walls and plant room
- Internal Atrium glazing
In total the building covers 61,500 sq ft of space over four storeys, which Britplas are set to seal from late June 2017 with an expected completion date of the end of October this year.