This Priority Schools Building Program (PSBP) project was secured by Britplas in September 2014. Working closely with Interserve to address specific environmental criteria, the window design needed to meet a number of key parameters to ensure a stimulating learning environment.
• Maximise natural ventilation to supplement the mechanical ventilation provided by Breathing Buildings
• Achieve u value ≤1.6 w/m²k
• Ensure uniformed national light levels in teaching areas
• Provide easy but restricted opening windows
• Create safe and secure door access protocol around the building
The new school was designated to increase capacity from the old building, going from 420 up to 630 pupils.
The focus of the design was to include both natural light and ventilation throughout the school (with particular attention paid to learning areas)
and so the contribution of both Britplas’ windows and the mechanical ventilation from Breathing Buildings was critical in achieving this.
Flowery Field Primary School
This PSBP project saw us working with low energy ventilation experts Breathing Buildings to ensure a well ventilated, stimulating learning environment was created.
Interserve / Education Funding Agency
Hyde, Tameside, Greater Manchester
Casement windows, Aluminium doors, Curtain walling